ANNOUNCING OUR NEW SITE
To all Oakmont Pickleball Club Members:
Back in 2011, when I was still living in Point Reyes, I created my first “blog” using WordPress, http://www.OysterZone.org
It has proven itself an excellent tool for the purpose of getting information out to the public so last year, I started another Word Press for our Beginning Tap class here in Oakmont. When I became secretary of our club, I created a third one.
As good as Word Press is as a blog, it isn’t interactive in the ways we, as a club, need.
A short while ago, I stumbled upon Shutterfly and have since created both a Tap Group and Pickleball Club Shutterfly account. True, the start up caused a number of unnecessary emails to be sent to all yet I did discover how to prevent all but the essential automatic emails from being sent every time I breathed on the site.
Shutterfly gives us what we need:
- Only if you are a member are you sent an email allowing you access to the site
- Only if you sign in and create your own password will you have access to the roster
- Any member can calendar events (including asking others to join them for play on a specific day and hour)
- Any member can start a Sign-Up Sheet
- Any member can post a message
- Any member can post photos and videos
- We can add locations and show them on a Google Map
- We can add Feeds from other sites
- We can add weather information
- We can add Google Searches,
- links to Amazon products,
Given all of that, I will be shutting down our Oakmont Pickleball Club Word Press site in the near future (one month).
What you need to do, if you have not done so already, is go to:
and sign in (provide your email address and create a password for yourself.
If you cannot sign in, perhaps you have not already been entered into the system.
If this is so, send me an email personally at:
and I will add you to the system which will generate a welcome email with the link to the site. Upon receipt of the welcome email, follow the instructions in the email and click on the link. Enter your email address where it asks for it, create your own password, then hit whatever button is designated to take you to the site.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this endeavor!
See you on the courts!!!